alice-teacher Interesting behavior when

John Hajdu HajduJ at warrenhills.org
Thu Nov 21 08:09:41 EST 2013

I am teaching a class using Alice v2.3.3 and a student discovered some interesting behavior when using the speed slider when a world is running.  The world had two characters who moved towards the camera, and then turned right, so that one character was behind the other, but offset, so that you could still see a portion the character in back.  When we played his animation at a higher speed, more of the character in back was hidden.  It was not a significant amount difference, (lets say approx 70% hidden became 75% hidden), but it was enough for both of us to notice, and the difference became more significant the greater the speed change.  Any ideas on what could possibly be causing this?

John Hajdu
Mathematics Teacher - Warren Hills Regional High School
http://www.warrenhills.org/hajduj

The Warren Hills Regional School District challenges and empowers a dynamic, diverse student body in a supportive learning environment by providing academic and co-curricular opportunities to become successful, productive members of the global community.