alice-teacher questions about parameters

Donna Wilkins dwilkins at richardwinn.org
Thu May 9 13:27:38 EDT 2013

Hello,

I am fairly new to teaching Alice and have hit a problem. One of my students
has written a class-level method called randomgirl2.sit where the object
sits down on the park bench. She wrote a parameter in that method called
whichPerson and wants to make various people sit using the method.
1st problem:  randomGirl2.lowerbody.leftleg.turn backwards.25 revolutions is
the first line but if she drags the obj parameter in, the line changes
towhichPerson.turn backwards.25 revolutions.

2nd problem:  when she replaces randomgirl2 in world.my first method with
her new object, randomGuy, nothing happens.

The sit method makes use of various subparts and I wonder if that is what is
causing the problem. I feel like I am missing something obvious but I can't
find it.

Donna Wilkins

RWA