alice-teacher Getting a character to return to position

Steve Hollis steve_hollis at brentwoodacademy.com
Tue May 7 15:15:56 EDT 2013

OK, here is where a student is stuck:

Their final project is to animate a children's storybook.  This student has chosen _Tiger Can't Sleep_ in which a boy gets up out of bed and walks to a closet where his tiger lives several times.
We have broken it down into methods where the boy does the following:
wakes up
gets out of bed
walks to closet
opens closet
closes closet
walks to bed
gets into bed.

The problem is even though we reverse the order of the steps, the boy ends up slightly off from where he starts.  This throws off the next scene where the boy has to get out of bed again.  The file is 2.3 Mb.  I'm not sure if attachments are OK for the list, or if someone could take a look and help out, but I am relatively new to Alice myself and I can't seem to get the kinks out of this.

Thanks

Steve Hollis
Instructor of Science, English, and Computer
Brentwood Academy
219 Granny White Pike
Brentwood, TN 37027
615-373-0611 x 182