alice-teacher java compiler

James Vanderhyde jvanderhyde at benedictine.edu
Wed Jan 16 10:52:41 EST 2013

BlueJ is an excellent simple Java IDE (compiler) for learning Java. NetBeans is another free Java IDE, and I think the Alice team has been working on a NetBeans plug-in for Alice 3. Both IDEs are available for Windows and Mac. Otherwise you can use the javac command-line compiler that comes with the JDK (Java Development Kit). It's not as fun to use a command-line compiler, but it is in some sense the simplest solution.

James
--
Dr. James Vanderhyde
Math and Computer Science