alice-teacher why is this program doing this?

Sandy Graham sandyg at gvtc.com
Mon Jan 7 18:44:38 EST 2013

I'm only just realizing that I've only checked this program on one computer,
but with that caveat, please run this program.  The fairy creature moves one
meter at a time closer to the tree and then turns around as soon as it is
within the threshold of the tree.  Then, wait for it.. BOOM!  The fairy
creature blows up into a larger figure.  Can anyone tell me why?  I had
moved the camera to figure out a previous error where the fairy creature
after a couple of runs back and forth would mysteriously turn from facing
one of the trees and go off in a different direction.  So in both
situations, the creature was not acting predictably.  This error reminds me
of when I was first using the Alice program from the CD in the book that had
a java memory leak in that there was an error that I could not see.  Is
something wrong with the fairy object?  Thank y'all for your help!!!

Your sister in Christ,

Sandy Graham