alice-teacher Missing He/She Builder in Alice 2.4?

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Dec 6 12:47:03 EST 2013

From the Release Notes of Alice 2.4

	http://help.alice.org/w/page/58024878/Alice%202%20Release%20Notes

“Created a checkbox in Preferences menu to allow users to show/hide He/She builder in Gallery.  Recreated some of the He/She builder's textures."

As Alice is being used throughout the world, for some cultures, there has been some concern about some of the clothing options available in the He/She Builder. And because the Builder is an app built into the Alice system, and not just a series of models, we felt the best solution was to add a Preferences option to display or hide He / She Builder. We also decided it was better to ship the system with the He / She Builder hidden.

I have to apologize as I fully intended to announce this change to the list, and the announcement got away from me.

I am sorry for the confusion.

Please let me know if you have any other questions concerns.

Note that there has been some reorganization of the Gallery, which is also described in the Release Notes.

Later,
Don Slater