alice-teacher clarification of my help request.

Matjaz Marussig marussig at siol.net
Mon Aug 26 12:12:23 EDT 2013

Hi Angela,
I'm not sure this is going to help you, but it might. For very short
course, such as yours, I always define simple goal, contains by 3 levels
(1st for beginners, 2nd intermediate and 3th advanced). I do not define
which methode, function, event and object they should use, I just define
how the game should looks like in the end. For example, vehicle has to turn
and rotate its wheel, camera has to follow it, right arrow key has to turn
it right, left to the left, blank key needs to stop the vehicle, up arrow
means go forward, down arrow go back etc. This follow after explanation
Alice system.

Now, beginners usually do very robust application, intermediate usually use
more complicated methodes, and advanced students often uses functions and
more advanced options concernig methodes. Some of them sometimes do some
more what I don't have in my plan. This is fine, because in this way you
can figure out what kind of preknowledge do you have in your class. It's
also fine because they have open door to choose appropriate methode and
syntakses, and they can use their imagine.

The problem here could be, if you do not understand how Alice works. First
thing what you have to do is to learn Alice by your own. But this is the
only problem.

Concerning boys, it's nice to use v vehicles, space, mummy, aircrafts etc.
Don't use flowers ;-)

Good luck.
Matjaz