alice-teacher Alice 3.1 Gallery

Forsyth, Allen AForsyth at ci.stamford.ct.us
Fri Aug 16 16:01:35 EDT 2013

I want to say how impressed I am with this gallery.  I use Alice 2.3 and have deliberately stayed away from the 3.0 versions, feeling that they are designed for the high school level - and beyond!  I wonder if I need to expose our kids to this, Don, as it has a far more elegant look to it.  Am I going too far if I do?

Are there any other middle level teachers using Alice?  I have used it for five years and the students catch on VERY quickly and do wonderful things with it.  I believe that there could be an excellent three year progression with it, however, from basic Alice entry use all the way to Java.

Allen Forsyth
Scofield Magnet Middle School
Stamford, Connecticut
www.magnetmiddle.org