alice-teacher walking, etc.

Vivian Cunningham vcunningham.slms at lee.k12.nc.us
Thu Sep 13 21:39:30 EDT 2012

Alice 2.3 is better for students who are not computer science experts.  It
is easier to add characters and make them move, etc.

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Matt Zipin <mattz at gfsnet.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone--I just downloaded Alice 3.1 and I'm trying to figure out how
> to get my characters to walk.  It seems to me that the basic objects should
> have walking--or running, or jumping, etc.--capabilities, but I can't seem
> to figure it out.  I definitely don't want my students writing their own
> walk function, especially since it used to built in (Alie 3.0 beta?  I
> think it was there.)
>
> Any help would be great.  Thanks!
>
> Matt
>
> Computer Science/Math/College Guidance, Germantown Friends School, Phila.
> PA
> 215-951-2392
>
> "Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every
> new year find you a better person."  --Benjamin Franklin

“Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.” -- John Adams

 <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1480.John_Adams>
Vivian Cunningham
6th Grade English/Language Arts and Science
SanLee Middle School
2309 Tramway Road
Sanford, NC 27330
919 708-7227  X 6550

vcunningham.slms at lee.k12.nc.us

E-mail correspondence to and from this sender may be subject to the North
Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.