alice-teacher (no subject)

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Feb 26 22:14:52 EST 2012

Alice 2.2 and Alice 3.0 Beta are not compatible…

It certainly is possible that the student has too many objects in the scene…

I would recommend that the student scale back on the number of objects to the bare minimum to tell the story, build the story, and slowly add objects, saving at each step until it reaches the limits. WE cannot give you a hard and fast number of objects, as they all have different memory sizes.

With some objects that are being used solely as props / scenery, using the clone tool in scene setup may allow you to add more copies of objects with a reduced impact on memory. But I would recommend that you do not attempt to animate these copies, as they are, in an object-oriented programming sense, shallow copies, and trying to anmate them may create some undesirable side-effects.