alice-teacher Recording Sound in Alice 2.2 (August update)

Deane Fistick deane.fistick at ecotoh.org
Wed Sep 28 12:36:56 EDT 2011

I'm having trouble recording in Alice. I have the Aug. 2011 version of 2.2 and I'm on a Windows 7 machine. When I press the Start button the duration remains at 0.00, and when I click the Stop button, I get an error message. My students are starting to report the same problem.

The previous 2.2 version (early summer) seemed to record OK.

I was able to record a sound file with another program and import it into Alice (as discussed in list-serve postings a couple of weeks ago). The imported sound file works, then an error occurs after the "Play Sound" method executes.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Mr. Deane Fistick
Electronic Classroom of Tomorrow
HS Computer Programming Teacher