alice-teacher Alice & Math?

Tony Bowes tony-bowes at stlukes.qld.edu.au
Thu Sep 22 20:30:38 EDT 2011

I'm using Alice for my Year 8's, an also teach some of them for year 8
Maths. I have found a good deal of crossover when discussing variables in
Alice and comparing them to unknowns in early Algebra. Maybe only 1/2 a
lesson discussion per student though, followed by a lesson or two of
designing worlds utilising variables. Most of the lessons are self-paced.

Tony Bowes