alice-teacher Tests for Alice

Karen kgayowsky1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 23:08:03 EDT 2011

Hi Don:

I've downloaded all materials, however I cannot find the solution to the
labs.  Solutions to the chapters, and exercises I found.  Is there an area
I'm missing?

Thanks,
Karen Gayowsky

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 9:55 PM, Don Slater <dslater at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> One source of materials for teaching with Alice:
>
>        http: //www.aliceprogramming.net
>
> There is a set of instructor materials there, including sample syllabi,
> projects and solutions, quizzes, assignments, test banks and solutions, some
> student example worlds… These materials are designed for use with the
> "Learning to Program with Alice" textbook by Dann, Cooper and Pausch, but
> they are freely available to school instructors to be used with any
> textbook, as their development was supported by NSF funding.
>
> They are password protected to preserve the integrity of the solutions so
> that teachers may use the exercises and exams, with some confidence that
> students will not have access to these answers and solutions. You may apply
> for the login and password by contacting Steve Cooper <
> coopers at cs.stanford.edu> at Stanford University or Barbara J Conover <
> bconover at purdue.edu>.
>
> At their request, we will not be publishing the login / password
> information on this listserv, as they are tracking access and use of the
> website.
>
> Another site that you may wish to check out that would be helpful would be
>
>        http://www.cs.duke.edu/csed/alice/aliceInSchools/
>
> Maintained by Professor Susan Rogers at Duke University, this site has many
> great resources in the use of Alice in K-12... You will find a lot of
> examples, tutorials and projects here that you may find helpful. This is not
> a password protected site, however.
>
> The members of this community have already proven to be very helpful in
> describing how they use Alice in their particular environments. In the
> interest of protecting all of our already overcrowded inboxes, however,
> please send your individual requests for access to materials from other
> teachers directly to the source, instead of a general request to the entire
> list.
>
> Thank all of you for your interest in Alice, and the great work you do with
> your students.
>
> Donald Slater
> Alice Team
> Carnegie Mellon University
> 5000 Forbes Avenue
> Pittsburgh, PA 15213
>
> Office phone: (412) 268-4370
>
> I have learned this at least by my experiment: that if one advances
> confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life
> he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
> --- Henry David Thoreau
>

> On Sep 10, 2011, at 6:21 PM, Robert Carullo wrote:
>
> > Ditto for me, I am in the same position as James.
> >
> > Robert

of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.    If you are not the
intended recipient, you are notified herein that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If
you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and
erase this e-mail message immediately.  Your cooperation is appreciated.