alice-teacher Alice 2.2 loading issue

Kathleen Riley kriley at bishopoconnell.org
Thu Sep 8 23:24:39 EDT 2011

Paul, I have seen this myself.  Strangely, it resolves as soon as I
bring up the task manager (ctl-alt-delete, then choose the task
manager).  I can't tell you why, since the problem went away when I
tried to understand it through task manager, but try my solution and
see if it works for you.

2011/9/8 Thompson, Paul Dexter <thompspd at iupui.edu>:
> I used Alice 2.2 in my class last Spring, all lab machines run Windows 7.
> All of a sudden, when students launch Alice they get a screen with a black
> box (see image attached) and it takes a good 5-10 minutes before it actually
> loads. I have also started noticing this with my laptop (no changes in that
> environment). Has anyone else seen this, and if so, what has been done to
> correct?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Paul Thompson
>
> Adjunct Faculty Lecturer - CIT 12000
>
> Department of Computer, Information, and Leadership Technology
>
> Indiana University Purdue University at Indianapolis
>
> 799 West Michigan Street,
>
> Indianapolis, Indiana 46202
>
> Phone: (317) 292-8756
>
> Fax: (317) 278-3669
> thompspd at iupui.edu

Kathleen Riley
Computer Science and Technology Instructor
Bishop Denis J O'Connell High School
Arlington, Virginia