alice-teacher Questions

Tony Bowes tony-bowes at stlukes.qld.edu.au
Tue Oct 25 19:20:18 EDT 2011

Wow, I didn't even know Alice was using quaternions!

Quaternions are a specific type of complex number that makes calculating
spherical motion (think rotation of a ball joint) a little bit more
accurate. Check out slerping ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slerp ). I would
very much doubt any students using Alice in Secondary or even Tertiary
institutions would require access to the quaternion methods and would be
able to suffice with the turn / roll methods.

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 9:22 PM, Emily Higgins <erphiggins at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All -
> I have two questions.  One is whether anyone has taught programming using
> sandbox physics games.  I tried posting the exact game I'm thinking of but
> my message got deleted as spam!  My second question is what the quaternion
> method does.
>
> Thank you,
> Emily Higgins
> Boothbay Region High School