alice-teacher converting to a string

A. Jeff Goldstein AJeff.Goldstein at VBSchools.com
Fri Oct 21 14:18:33 EDT 2011

Make the first string:  "Your number  differs by amount "  ß be sure to leave an extra space, here

Use the world string function a + b.

Drag it to first string.  For the part b just leave it as default.

Next, drag the "what as string" function to your default string (the b part rectangle).  Notice it turns yellow as you drag it, and green when it's in the right place.  Drop it there and chose the expression for the difference.

Much more complicated than in Java:   System.out.println("Your number differs by amount " + difference);

Sincerely,

Jeff Goldstein, www.jeffgold.net

APCS Teacher at Cox High School

Virginia Beach