alice-teacher term projects

Ella Glazer ella.glazer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 12:19:41 EDT 2011

I have been teaching a one semester Alice Intro to Programming course since
last year so this is my third semester.  I am putting below my final
project from last Spring.  I am still tweaking.  Hope this helps

Ella Glazer

Alice Final Project

You are creating a game.  This game should have a theme – a story line –
which should be outlined in the beginning.  There should be at least 5
methods (including a beginning and an end).  There should be at least 3
different scenes.  The random method should be used to move the character
along or to acquire props, etc.  Loops should be used – lives should be
calculated.  A game over screen should appear when the game is, indeed,
over.

                                                          Due date
points

Game outline (in Word)                            12/20
  10

Scene Setup with camera angles                1/6
  15

Final Game                                              1/12

Use of Loops
  15

Use of random
  15