alice-teacher ideas needed

Szkolnik, Kathrine KSZKOLNI at southernco.com
Tue May 10 10:43:24 EDT 2011

I am not a teacher, and I have the utmost respect for those that are, knowing that I do not possess the needed skills to be one.

That being said, I am a Computer Engineer that is heading up an initiative to promote girls in Engineering and Computer Science fields.  We will be inviting a group of 9th grade girls in for a day and talking with them about different fields that they can pursue.  We are hoping to have stations where the girls can spend 30min - 1 hour doing a hands on activity.  I would like to use alice for the Computer Engineering / Computer Science fields, and was hoping to obtain some ideas on a short but engaging learning activity with alice that would fit into this format to entice and interest these girls in computer related fields.

Can any of you supply an outline or an idea that I could use as a starting point that would fit this criteria?

Thanks you so much for all of you input in advance.

Kathrine Szkolnik

Substation Engineer
Office:  (228)539-7622
Cell:     (228)697-3757