alice-teacher Queue-up events

James Vanderhyde jvanderhyde at benedictine.edu
Fri Feb 18 11:53:53 EST 2011

Eileen,

I'm attaching an example of what I was talking about using if instead of while. It does not work the way Mike originally wanted, where the actions get queued up. Each action is effectively canceled if it can't run immediately.

My attempts at fixing yours so that the events queued up properly resulted in either the same effect you saw, or deadlock. It would take more parallel thinking to get this right.

Otherwise, you'd have to implement a queue, as I originally suggested. This is possible in Alice, but it's not as simple as the approaches we've considered up to this point.

James
--
Dr. James Vanderhyde
Math and Computer Science