alice-teacher update of Alice 2.2 for Windows 7, 64 bit machines

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Feb 15 15:14:00 EST 2011

We normally do not release updates of Alice 2.2 in the middle of a semester. However, because so many of you running Windows 7 on 64 bit machines have been experiencing difficulty with Alice 2.2 on your platform, we have released a version of Alice 2.2 that we think address these problems.

There are no feature updates in this release. If Alice 2.2 is running successfully in your environment, there is no need to download and install this version of Alice 2.2.

Those of you who have been experiencing difficulty, may want to download and try this version on one of your machines to see if your problems have been addressed. And please let us know if this version works for you, or not.

This release is available at:

	http://www.alice.org/index.php?page=downloads/download_alice2.2

(the Downloads section of www.alice.org.)

Thank you to Steve Cooper and Aik Min for their efforts.

We are looking forward to hearing from you. Please send your responses to me, rather than the entire list, at Don Slater <dslater at cmu.edu>

Alice Team
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Office phone: (412) 268-4370

I have learned this at least by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
--- Henry David Thoreau