alice-teacher position question

Tom Stokke tstokke at cs.und.edu
Fri Feb 4 10:41:00 EST 2011

I'd drop a dummy at the original location(s) for each character. Moving the objects to the dummy returns them to where they started. This could be done instantly (0 seconds)  or sometimes my students like to have fun and move it in a couple of seconds and then have it still around in place one or twice.

I REALLY stress dropping a dummy for the original camera location as one of the first things my students do with a new world. It seems sooner or later they always want the camera back at the original location, at it's hard (impossible) to get it just right without a dummy object.

Dropping multiple dummies is also a good opportunity to stress the importance of good naming habits. You really need to know which one to want to move to.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Tom Stokke
Assistant Professor