alice-teacher Netbooks

Kristin Bedell kdbedell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 19:35:16 EST 2011

FWIW: I've been using netbooks with my 5th graders, since the lab is usually
booked, and it has been difficult.  They are forced to constantly scroll,
which makes coding/debugging difficult and the text is so tiny that it is
hard for some of them to read.  They are great kids and have been willing to
work through the difficulties, but I can see where older students might be
less enamored/motivated.  I wouldn't recommend netbooks if there is any
other option.

-Kristin Bedell