alice-teacher Alice to Jave Textbook Recommendations

Lance Allen lanceallen.allen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 12:31:49 EST 2011

You might wish to try Joel Adam's ALICE IN ACTION WITH JAVA,  ISBN:
978-1423900962. It starts with Alice and transitions to Java.

Lance Allen

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 6:09 PM, Findley, Scott <SFindley at sd43.bc.ca> wrote:

>  As our school curriculum is migrating this year, we have started with
> having our programming 11 & 12 student use Alice, but are now ready to
> start moving into Java-based work with Alice being the stepping stone. Does
> anyone have a specific textbook or resource that is recommended to help
> bridge the transition. We have already been using “Learning to Program with
> Alice” (Dunn, Cooper, Pausch).
>
> Mr. Scott Findley
> *sfindley at sd43.bc.ca*<https://webmail.sd43.bc.ca/owa/redir.aspx?C=0a9bf7b1630b4554891428589166e563&URL=mailto%3asfindley%40sd43.bc.ca>
> Gleneagle Secondary School *http://gleneagle.org*<https://webmail.sd43.bc.ca/owa/redir.aspx?C=0a9bf7b1630b4554891428589166e563&URL=http%3a%2f%2fgleneagle.org%2f>
> *Mr. Findley's Homeroom Site*<http://teachers.sd43.bc.ca/sfindley/default.aspx>
>     *Twitter @ rsfindley* <http://twitter.com/rsfindley>    *Mr.
> Findley’s Blog @ Posterous* <http://sfindley.posterous.com/>    *Writing *
> *12 Posterous Site* <http://writing12.posterous.com/>*    ** *
> 1195 Lansdowne Drive, Coquitlam, BC V3B 7Y8  604.464.5793 / 604.464.5796(F)
> While email is repeatedly checked, I typically reserve an hour daily for
> correspondence. Should you need a more immediate reply, please flag your
> message as urgent. Any emails received without a clear indication of the
> sender will receive no response.
>
> This e-mail (including attachments, if any) may be privileged and/or
> confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and
> obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the
> information it contains by other than an intended recipient is
> unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by
> return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.
>
> Unless absolutely necessary, please do not print this email for
> environmental reasons.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number
of electrons were terribly inconvenienced!

*Please consider the environment before printing this email.*