alice-teacher Physics principles in Alice?

James Vanderhyde jvanderhyde at benedictine.edu
Thu Apr 21 15:35:17 EDT 2011

I'm guessing that by "physics-type games" your friend is thinking of games that simulate gravity, collision detection, etc. I have found this difficult in Alice. Many of my students have created games, but collision detection (keeping objects from overlapping) is always one of the hardest parts. Some ignore the problem completely and hope the player won't try to walk through the walls.

James
--
Dr. James Vanderhyde
Math and Computer Science