alice-teacher Number Variables - Integer Only?

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Apr 8 08:13:05 EDT 2011

The simple answer is to use the "int 'a' as string" tile under Worlds: Functions: Advance Math tab.

I have attached three screen shots for a more complete answer.

1) Create a 3D text object (in my example I named this object "score"

2) Create a Number variable (in my  example I named this variable "number"; I really have the creative juices flowing this morning ;-) )

3) "Step1.png" shows that I am using the " 'what' as a string " tile under Worlds: Functions: String tab as the argument to the " set text to " tile of the 3D object "score" property
	- I select the Number variable "world.number" as the 'what'.

4) "Step2.png" shows that I am using the "int 'a' as string" tile under Worlds: Functions: Advance Math tab to replace 'world.number'  in the " set text to " tile of the 3D object "scores"property
	- Again, I select the Number variable "world.number" as the 'a'.

5) "Step3.png" shows the world after I run this small fragment.

I hope that this helps.