alice-teacher Number Variables - Integer Only?

Michael Bauer mbauer at hawaii.edu
Fri Apr 8 01:29:51 EDT 2011

Is there a way to specify that number variables store integers rather than real numbers.  If you are using the textbook by Wanda, Steve & Randy, I am looking at the timer example in chapter ten.  I want the time to display an integer, rather than a real number (eg., 10 instead of 10.0).  I can get the text to display an integer initially with no problem.  When the loop starts iterating and the variable gets incremented/decremented, then the passing the variable to the "set text to" method causes it to display a real number where I'd rather just see an integer.

If you think of a scorekeeper rather than a timer, a game would increment a score everytime something is successful.  I'd like the score to display without the decimal place.
Thanks for your help!
Mike Bauer.