alice-teacher Standards for Alice Suggestion

Gaff, Deborah A gaff at rose-hulman.edu
Tue Apr 5 16:40:16 EDT 2011

Don,

I use the International Society for Technology in Education National Education Standards for using Alice in the classroom.  I have used Alice in my middle school science classroom as a way for students to work collaboratively and communicate their knowledge using technology effectively and productively.  A sample activity:  using Alice to demonstrate Newton’s Three Laws of Motion.  They conduct research and report on the research using Alice…

The new standards identify several higher-order thinking skills and digital citizenship as critical for students to learn effectively for a lifetime and live productively in our emerging global society. These areas include the ability to:
Demonstrate creativity and innovation
Communicate and collaborate
Conduct research and use information
Think critically, solve problems, and make decisions
Use technology effectively and productively

http://www.iste.org/Libraries/PDFs/NETS_for_Student_2007_EN.sflb.ashx

Deborah Gaff
PRISM Educational Liaison
www.rose-prism.org