alice-teacher Text version of Alice Objects

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Oct 27 10:55:50 EDT 2010

Alice 3 in Beta form is now available for you to download and try out.

	http://www.alice.org/index.php?page=alice3/download

This allows you to create Alice worlds, as before.

There is also a NetBeans plugin available at the download site that allows you to import and existing Alice 3 Beta scene into NetBeans, so that you may now work with your Alice project and models in Java. We only have the plugin available for NetBeans at this time. The advantage is that it facilitates the proper initialization of classpaths so that your projects will be able to access the appropriate Alice libraries.

Eventually there will be other plugins for other IDE's, but we are only in NetBeans for the time being.

Donald Slater
Alice Team
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Office phone: (412) 268-4370

The true object of all human life is play.
--- G. K. Chesterton