alice-teacher (no subject)

EILEEN PELUSO pelusoem at lycoming.edu
Thu Nov 18 11:49:41 EST 2010

Hi Jay,
You are correct in that you want to use the VEHICLE property. In the
case of the character on the horse, it is the character's VEHICLE
property that should be set to be the horse. (Some students will also
set the horse's VEHICLE to be the character. Alice will choke on that.)
Have fun!

Eileen Peluso
Lycoming College
Williamsport PA

>>> Jay Gregory 11/18/10 11:45 AM >>>
Alice Community,

I am new to teacher Alice this year, I am a middle school technology
teacher. My kids love it and they are doing pretty well with it. One
thing we are struggling with, however, is riding or standing on
commands. Some of my students want to put a character on the horse and
ride the horse. A few others want a character to stand on and ride a
skate board. I think you can use the VEHICLE command under the
properties tab, but it just doesn't seem to work right. any ideas?

Jay Gregory
Norris Middle School
Norris, Tn.