alice-teacher random number question

James Caristi James.Caristi at valpo.edu
Mon Nov 1 12:30:26 EDT 2010

At the beginning of your method, you can declare a "local" variable by using the "Create new variable" button.  Make it numeric and give it a name (say, "number").  Then drag it into the programming part.  This will give you a chance to set it however you want.  Here is where you can give it a random value.  Then you can print it and do whatever else you want with it.  Good luck.

Jim

James Caristi
Dept. of Math & Computer Science
Valparaiso University
Valparaiso, IN 46383

>>> Ella Glazer <ella.glazer at gmail.com> 11/1/2010 11:13 AM >>>
Is there any way to show a random number?
I am trying to play a simple game with random numbers and I would like to know what is coming up. The number (0 - 100) most of the time is less than 5. Attached is the code. If the number <5 (should actually be <50) the cow is appears green else the cow is blue.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks