[SCA-BMDL] Warm outer garb sewing

Sharon Booth sbooth at sbooth.net
Wed Nov 1 15:55:59 EDT 2023

Greetings Debatable Lands,

If you were a little damp or chilly at Agincourt or if you noticed that
the temperature seems to have dropped like a rock, we have a sewing
project suggestion: simple cold weather garb. Capes, capelettes, hoods,
Japanese dobukus are all simple garments that work well for cold
weather. There is investiture and twelfth night coming up in December
and January and you want to keep warm. For Sundays in November and
December, we plan to work on winter outdoor garments. This is a group
effort for folks to come and work. The first two Sundays will be at my
house, 1105 Shady Ave, Pittsburgh, 15232. Sewing starts at 2pm and goes
until 5pm (or so). Wool is a nice period warm fabric, but some fleece
looks reasonably period and is fairly inexpensive and warm. There are
sewing machines available. Come make something to keep you warm.

Hara Kikumatsu