[SCA-BMDL] Baronial Rapier Champs THIS Sunday!

Krista Cogan krista.cogan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 13:52:38 EDT 2023

Hello Debatable Lands! Salve Accolens!

We hope all can join us as we choose our new *Debatable Lands Rapier
Fighting Champion this Sunday, July 9th, at 3pm at Fencing Practice at
the Washington Blvd practice site
<http://debatablelands.org/martial/fight_directions.php>*.

Our Baronial Champs this year will also be a “Garnet and Steel” event,
where the winner will receive a coin and invitation to the Kingdom-wide
invite-only Garnet and Steel tourney next year, sponsored by Duke Malcolm.

*Some details*:

— Format will be Round Robin into a final elimination (exact number invited
to the finals and exact number of rounds will depend on number of entrants,
and will be decided that day by us in conjunction with our current champ,
Master Cyrus).

— It is our practice to allow our neighbors (people from neighboring
Shires) to enter our Baronial Champs for the tourney fun, and have them
drop out before the finals if they ineligible be champion. However, *because
this is also a Garnet & Steel event, all entrants are eligible for the
final round(s)*.

–If the winner of the tournament (and the G&S coin) is ineligible to be the
Baronial Champion, the final round(s) will be *re-fought *with the top
entrants* from the Round Robin lists* who are eligible to be Baronial
Champ. *(That’s right – we could have TWO finals!! Woo!*)

-People eligible to be Baronial Champion include Barony members, and people
who have been given Friendship Comets (Green, Vert, or Amicus). Those
people must be willing to fulfill the duties of the Champion (see previous
Storfrettir post <http://debatablelands.org/blog/?p=6368>).

— Rain date is July 23rd.

*Looking forward to seeing everyone there, and choosing our Rapier
Champion!*

*A couple notes*:

— Please do remember to carpool and park politely (close to the next car).
Parking is quite limited at the site. If it fills up, you can drop your
gear, park at the bike track further down Washington Blvd and walk down the
path, but it’s not a short walk.

— Note that the eligibility/neighbor/format choice details above are whims
of ours, Baron Brandubh and Baroness Hilda. Each Baronage chooses these for
the Barony themselves, so next year may be different when our new Baronessa
and Praetoria are on the thrones.

In Levitate et Caritate, and Cheers!
Baron Brandubh and Baroness Hilda