[SCA-BMDL] Wanted: 2 liter soda bottles for use as cutting targets

L. J. Sparvero ljsparvero at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 10:44:45 EDT 2006

Hi all,
     Bring me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses..... of empty
2-liter soda bottles (rinsed out and with the caps). I take the labels
off and fill these up with clean water to use as hanging pells for
cutting demonstrations at practice. I don't drink enough soda to keep
up with demand, so I would greatly appreciate donations! I'll even
give you a bottle of soda in return (as long as supplies last).
     I can pick them up this Sunday at weapons practice (1pm, Wash
Blvd Park http://home.comcast.net/~katsuichi/sca/bmdl/marshallate/marshal.html
) and will be able to pick them up every so often after Pennsic (will
announce as needed). If you fill them with clean water and take the
label off, I'll be able to use them that day.
     For those that aren't aware, I've been demonstrating and allowing
people to practice various cutting attacks on these bottles as part of
the Historical Combat Studies program. If you would like to try this,
all you need to do is convince me that you can do this safely.

....and you too can enjoy "cutting calories"!

-L.J. aka Lyev