Build openslide 4.0.0 with openslide-java 0.12.4 on Ubuntu 22.04

Benjamin Gilbert bgilbert+openslide at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Dec 13 10:33:11 EST 2023

On Wed, Dec 13, 2023 at 5:37 AM Fulvio Fulvioni
<fulviofulvioni55 at gmail.com> wrote:
> is there somewhere a complete guide on how to build openslide 4.0.0 with openslide-java 0.12.4 on Ubuntu 22.04? Both the respective repositories contains just some information regarding the dependencies but it could be helpful to have them explanied thoroughly.

If you're looking for the package names of dependencies, we don't
explicitly document those, since every Linux distribution uses its own
names.  However, the list of packages installed by CI might be useful:

https://github.com/openslide/openslide/blob/a3f6be77/.github/workflows/c.yaml#L151-L164

Since you're on Ubuntu, one alternative to a source build of OpenSlide
(not OpenSlide Java) is to install binary packages from our PPA:

https://launchpad.net/~openslide/+archive/ubuntu/openslide

Is there a specific issue you're having trouble with?

Best,