New fixes available

Adam Goode agoode at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jul 14 10:21:20 EDT 2010

On 07/14/2010 04:52 AM, Hauke Heibel wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> Probably resulting from the merge with 'cairo', there were a few new
> issues introduced regarding MSVC builds.
>
> I update my repository with your master and integrated the required
> fixes. The changes can be found here:
>
> http://github.com/hauke76/OpenSlide/

Everything looks good here, I've merged in your changes. I think I will
add a TODO comment for the extern C hack you added, so it is less likely
to be forgotten.

> The inttypes guard (would also be required for stdbool which I removed
> from openslide-jdatasrc.c) implies that we might consider providing a
> single header file with these includes. Maybe openslide-private is the
> one I am thinking about. Then it would be great if it were sufficient
> for new modules to include this header file which should take care of
> bools and inttypes and maybe also the third party includes. Thus we
> could prevent new errors on different systems. Maybe one could also
> consider having something like openslide-types that only deals with
> the standard includes, bools and inttypes and maybe some macros. Well,
> I think you know what I mean.

Yeah, I think it would make sense to consolidate these things a bit. I
filed a bug for this. I will have time starting the second half of
August to do some of these cleanups to OpenSlide, but I am happy to
review and merge work that you do first.

Thanks,

Adam