[oe-sync] Open Edge Computing - program, initiative presentation, FAQ

Schuster, Rolf, Vodafone Group Rolf.Schuster at vodafone.com
Fri Sep 25 08:16:14 EDT 2015

Dear all,
Attached, please find the final OEC-Overview deck I will present at the MEC Congress in London on Tuesday next week. I have changed our agreed OEC-Initiative slide deck slightly...
- to reflect our recent decision to strengthen the engagement with application service providers
- to adapt it to the situation that all the basics have already been covered by Satya and others before my talk.

Please have a look at the deck and let me know your comments and changes ideally today (submission deadline). Please let me know if that is too tight for you.

Furthermore, please be aware that we managed to squeeze in two more sessions into the congress (final program attached):

- an "Operator Synchronisation session on Edge Computing" just to exchanging ideas on pre-commercial strategy, business direction and activities (led by me, 1st day, 16:05 UK)
- a "Technology Deep Dive" on Cloudlet (led by Satya, 2nd day 16:15 UK)

Last not least, just to try to align on the most important questions we will be asked during the event, I have put together two questions and (my) answers below. Also here your comments are welcome... (ideally also until today cob).

Many thanks for your feedback and continuous support!

Kind regards
Rolf.

Here are two key questions many people will ask us during and my version of the answers. Also here your comments are welcome...

Is the OEC Initiative competing with ETSI MEC?
No, the OEC Initiatiave is complementing the valuable work of ETSI MEC. It will reach out to the Application Service Providers to get their requirements and it will drive an open reference platform into the IT industry. All specifications and activities will be closely aligned with ETSI MEC.

What plans does OEI have regarding the future shape of the initiative?
The OEC Initiative will an initiative that is open to three groups of members: Application Service Providers, Infrastructure Providers and Services Providers. All three groups will be represented in the governance of the initiative. The initiative itself will be incorporated as an own legal entity funded by membership fees.

[http://www.vodafone.com/content/dam/global_email_signature/sigroundel.png]<http://www.vodafone.com/>   Rolf Schuster
Head of Partner Innovation Centres
Architecture & Research
Vodafone Group Services GmbH
Mobile: +491722360098
Email: rolf.schuster at vodafone.com

Vodafone Group Services GmbH, Ferdinand-Braun-Platz 1,
D-40549 Düsseldorf Amtsgericht Düsseldorf, HRB 53554
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Joachim Peters, Frank Rosenberger, Achim Weusthoff
vodafone.com <http://www.vodafone.com/>

This message and any files or documents attached are confidential and may also be legally privileged, protected from disclosure and/or protected by other legal rules. It is intended only for the individual or entity named. If you are not the named addressee or you have received this email in error, please inform the sender immediately, delete it from your system and do not copy or disclose it or its contents or use it for any purpose. Thank you. Please also note that transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.