[oe-sync] Open Edge Computing Initiative - Progress Call on Thursday this week

Schuster, Rolf, Vodafone Group Rolf.Schuster at vodafone.com
Tue Sep 15 16:08:11 EDT 2015

Dear all,
Just to prepare our progress call on Thursday this week,
-       please do not hesitate to forward your documents / input to me by say tomorrow, Wednesday noon and
-       please have a look at the action items below from our last call and make sure that your action items can be covered during the call
Looking forward to talk to you on Thursday.
Kind regards
Rolf.

Action Items from progress call 3rd September
1.      (Ashlee, Prakash, until 14 Sept) push for code demo at OpenStack summit AND OPNFV Summit
2.      (Ashlee, until 14 Sept) push for board presentation at OpenStack (with Alan Clark)
3.      (Babu supported by Satya, Kiryong and Ashley, until 17 Sept) describe target latencies segments (1-10, 10-50, 50-100ms) and map those to technical solutions (stack SW, drivers etc.)
4.      (Valerie, Joe, Prakash, Adrian, 4 Sept) MEC PoC platform is a good opportunity to get visibility. Valerie et.al. will draft a OEC PoC proposal document for the MEC POC process. Satya and Kiryong support that process.
5.      (Kiriong, until 5 Sept) Meeting with Vedams on Monday, 7 September, Meeting on OpenStack roadmap on Monday, 14 September (with Yun-Chao)
6.      (Kiryong, until 5 Sept) Set-up a discussion on QEMU roadmap with Ashlee, Kiryong , Satya & master student
7.      (Ashlee, until 14 Sept) License discussion for Open Edge Initiative --> at Technical Program Call on 14 Sept?
8.      (Yun-Chao, until 17 Sept) present Open Edge Computing at GSMA-Meeting
9.      (Yun-Chao and Rolf, 14 Sept) put together a proposal for membership structure + web-site + new partner outreach
10.     (Rolf, 17 Sept) contact further OEC supporters / partners for example HP, Canonical etc.
11.     Info: Cloudlet Class applicatin demonstration session on 1 December 2015, 3-6pm EST @ CMU. All welcome!

Link to repository:
https://owncloud.cmusatyalab.org/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=c9f5bf1c36948d874459dea2fa50e57a