[oe-sync] Comments: A report on OpenStack Cloudlet integration,

Prakash Ramchandran Prakash.Ramchandran at huawei.com
Mon Aug 3 03:39:13 EDT 2015

Kiryong,

Gunter has many comments and  we can review and answer them and modify accordingly.

However my concern is if we expect that Cloudlet is to be an independent module, we will need a separate API like

Cloudlet - Register - POST  <id-name>  image <image-id> Provider <pvdr-id> timestamp <ddmmyyyy-hhmmsssss>

         - Create  - POST <name> tenant <t-id>

         - List    - Get

         - Show    - Get <cid>

         - Update  - Put <cid> ...(other attributes like share, up, down, image name...)

         - offload <cid> <locn>

I am just pointing from RESTful APIs that will be supported by cloudlet Virtual Data Center (VDC) at the edge.

We may need to look from Cloudlet python-client or DevOps persepective too. Since this is based currently on Nova, we need to see how we will intergrate through Nova and may be at later stage through Heat as Yaml template for stack creation for base + deltae (disk + images)

So this needs some planning.

Have added a blue print for now under launch pad with openstack.

Rapid Just-in-time VM provisioning for cloud offload : Blueprints : cloudlet<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cloudlet/+spec/cloudlet-provisioning>

[image]<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cloudlet/+spec/cloudlet-provisioning>

Rapid Just-in-time VM provisioning for cloud offload : B...<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cloudlet/+spec/cloudlet-provisioning>
Cloudlet is a small-scale cloud data center(DC) at the edge of Internet. It is aimed to support resource-intensive and interactive mobile applications by providing ...

View on blueprints.launchpa...<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cloudlet/+spec/cloudlet-provisioning>

Preview by Yahoo

Tested the Tempest and that works now with Keystone with Neutron on my notebook.
But that's not good enough except to review the tempest working with neutron.

Repository Creator's Guide - OpenStack Project Infrastructure Manual 0.0.1.dev155 documentation<http://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/creators.html>

Repository Creator's Guide - OpenStack Project Infrastructure Manual 0.0.1.dev155 documentation<http://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/creators.html>
Adding the Repository to the CI System¶ To add a repository to the CI System, you need to modify some infrastructure configuration files using git and the OpenStack gerrit review server.

Rest on the call morning.

Thanks

Prakash

Prakash Ramchandran

 R&D USA

FutureWei Technologies, Inc

Email: prakash.ramchandran at huawei.com

Work:  +1 (408) 330-5489

Mobile: +1 (408) 406-5810

2330 Central Expy, Santa Clara, CA 95050, USA

I will take a look tomorrow on this as was tied with OPNFV at ODL - thanks Prakash

Email: prakash.ramchandran at huawei.com

Work:  +1 (408) 330-5489