netreg-users: dhcpd.conf generation problems

David Nolan vitroth at cmu.edu
Wed Feb 28 13:54:06 EST 2007

On 2/27/07, Paul Delys <paul at gi.alaska.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're happy users of NetReg 1.1.7 here at the Geophysical Institute
> where we serve dhcp and dns for about 800 machines. I've set up a
> test machine with the 1.1.9 tar.gz distribution in preparation for an
> upgrade. I like the history that is kept for registered machines.
>
> After fiddling around with web server and database permissions,
> everything works OK with my test system _except_ the dhcpd.conf file
> generation. If I convert our 1.1.7 data to 1.1.9, the generated
> dhcpd.conf file has empty class and subnet declarations and empty
> dynamic and static hosts sections.

Paul,

Between 1.1.7 and 1.1.9 the dhcp.pl script was largely rewritten,
among the new features is support for multiple dhcp server groups.  In
order to support this you now have to add an attribute on your
"default" server group, or add the individual subnets to that group.
It looks like the conversion scripts for 1.1.7->1.1.8->1.1.9 missed
that step.

Go to the services page, click on service types, click on DHCP Server
Pool and add a new attribute type:
name: Default DHCP Service Pool
un-allocated subnets.
scope: service
MaxN: 1
data format: enum(Yes)

Then go to your dhcp service group and add that attribute.

-David