Cyrus IMAP in the next Debian

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Sat Feb 9 15:19:38 EST 2019

Op 08-02-19 om 22:49 schreef Jason L Tibbitts III:

> PV> Somebody has packaged Cyrus version 3.08, but there are problems
> PV> with some of the Cassandane tests.
>
> It may be useful to see how Fedora handles Cassandane as part of its
> build process.  I did a lot of work to get things functioning and get
> patches pushed back upstream to make it easier to run Cassandane as part
> of our package build process.  A fair bit of work to get things working
> better on our less-common architectures is also in there.
>
> That said, we do still have to disable a few Cassandane tests for
> various reasons.  The Fedora specfile
> (https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/cyrus-imapd/raw/master/f/cyrus-imapd.spec)
> has explanations and information about each disabled test.  Search for
> "Run the Cassandane test suite".

Thanks for your help. I have forwarded the information.

> PV> I think it would be good if there would be more contact between the
> PV> Cyrus Debian developers and the Cyrus IMAP community.
>
> I have always find the Cyrus developers to be helpful.  Nobody had to
> put me in contact with them; I just filed tickets and asked questions
> here and on IRC.

I meaned the other side around. If people from the list would like to
help the Debian developpers to get a good working Cyrus in Debian.

But it lookes-like there will come an 3.0.8 in Debian, it is in
"unstable" now.

Bye,
Paul

https://www.vandervlis.nl/