Cyrus IMAP in the next Debian

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri Feb 8 16:49:20 EST 2019

PV> Somebody has packaged Cyrus version 3.08, but there are problems
PV> with some of the Cassandane tests.

It may be useful to see how Fedora handles Cassandane as part of its
build process.  I did a lot of work to get things functioning and get
patches pushed back upstream to make it easier to run Cassandane as part
of our package build process.  A fair bit of work to get things working
better on our less-common architectures is also in there.

That said, we do still have to disable a few Cassandane tests for
various reasons.  The Fedora specfile
(https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/cyrus-imapd/raw/master/f/cyrus-imapd.spec)
has explanations and information about each disabled test.  Search for
"Run the Cassandane test suite".

PV> I think it would be good if there would be more contact between the
PV> Cyrus Debian developers and the Cyrus IMAP community.

I have always find the Cyrus developers to be helpful.  Nobody had to
put me in contact with them; I just filed tickets and asked questions
here and on IRC.

 - J<