Cyrus (Sieve) and external programs

Sven Schwedas sven.schwedas at tao.at
Mon May 28 10:59:00 EDT 2018

On 2018-05-28 16:41, Pedro silva wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to set up a spam learning system, and I would like to pipe
> email places in (for example) the SPAM folder to an external program.
>
> I have cyrus 2.4.17
>
> Does any one know how or if this is possible in cyrus (or sieve)?

If you want to (read only) process data already received to train your
spam filter, just use the individual mail files in cyrus' spool.

If you want to act on mails being received and possibly delete/redirect
them, you normally want hook into your MTA, not cyrus/sieve.

Sven Schwedas, Systemadministrator
✉ sven.schwedas at tao.at | ☎ +43 680 301 7167
TAO Digital   | Teil der TAO Beratungs- & Management GmbH
Lendplatz 45  | FN 213999f/Klagenfurt, FB-Gericht Villach
A8020 Graz    | https://www.tao-digital.at