TLS for proxy IMAP connections

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Mon Oct 15 17:19:01 EDT 2012

I run a standard Cyrus Murder on v2.4.16.  When I have "allowplaintext:0"
on my frontends and "allowplaintext:1" on my backends, the frontends will
not use TLS when proxying the connection to a backend, even if the
frontend connection from the client used TLS or SSL.

When I set "allowplaintext:0" on the backend, then the frontend will use
TLS for the proxy connection.

Shouldn't the frontend attempt to use TLS for the proxy connection if
STARTTLS is advertised?

On a related note, will a frontend ever make an IMAP-SSL proxy connection
to a backend?  I ask because I want to set my maxchild parameter correctly
on my backends.  Right now, all connections seem to be proxied to the
"imap" service and none are made on the "imaps" service.

Thanks,
 	Andy