offering limited pop access

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Thu Oct 30 12:34:16 EDT 2008

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008, Wesley Craig wrote:

> What's mentioned in the SASL documentation (which is considerably
> worse than the IMAP documentation, IMHO) is that you can put the
> service name between sasl_ and _option.  Also missing is what Cyrus
> IMAP uses for the service names -- I looked in the code to decide
> that "pop" was probably right and "pop3" is probably wrong.

I always thought the service name for options was whatever service name
you put in cyrus.conf.  It would be the first column in the SERVICES
section, such as:

   imap     cmd="/usr/local/cyrus/bin/imapd" listen="imap" prefork=10 maxchild=1500
   imaps    cmd="/usr/local/cyrus/bin/imapd -s" listen="imaps" prefork=10 maxchild=1500
   pop3    cmd="/usr/local/cyrus/bin/pop3d" listen="pop3" prefork=3
   pop3s   cmd="/usr/local/cyrus/bin/pop3d -s" listen="pop3s" prefork=1

In this example, the service names are imap, imaps, pop3, and pop3s.

 	Andy