offering limited pop access

Wesley Craig wes at umich.edu
Thu Oct 30 12:09:21 EDT 2008

I think the actual syntax would be:

	sasl_pop_pwcheck_method: auxprop
	sasl_pop_auxprop_plugin: sasldb

The documentation (which needs improvement, and since you're getting
free help on the cyrus list I hope you'll open a bugzilla with some
suggested improvements) is mostly in the imapd.conf man page.  In
particular:

        sasl_option: 0
             Any SASL option can be set by preceding it  with
"sasl_".   This
             file overrides the SASL configuration file.

There are a couple of other examples, e.g.:

        sasl_pwcheck_method: <none>
             The  mechanism  used by the server to verify plaintext
passwords.
             Possible values include "auxprop", "saslauthd", and
"pwcheck".

What's mentioned in the SASL documentation (which is considerably
worse than the IMAP documentation, IMHO) is that you can put the
service name between sasl_ and _option.  Also missing is what Cyrus
IMAP uses for the service names -- I looked in the code to decide
that "pop" was probably right and "pop3" is probably wrong.

:wes