Cyrus POP access restritcion to users

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue May 20 13:37:23 EDT 2008

Quoting Maurizio Lo Bosco <maurizio.lobosco at eng.it>:

>> I wanted to know if we can restrict some users to access POP and allow some
>> users to access POP. I do not want to have firewall based restriction.  I
>> am using cyrus-imapd-2.3.7-4. The same users should be allowed through
>> Webmail without any issue. The users are LDAP users.  Can anyone help me on
>> this?
> may be you can try with the pam.d/pop authentication, depending on
> the version
> of the pam_ldap library you have on your server, you can specify a different
> ldap filter only for the pop service, but I don't remember the version of the
> library you should have for this solution.

With PAM you can also add other plugins e.g. pam_access in the POP
configuration
and don't use it for the other PAM configurations

M.Menge                                 Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universitaet Tuebingen                  Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Waechterstrasse 76
72074 Tuebingen