Cyrus POP access restritcion to users

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Tue May 20 13:35:14 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 5:27 PM, Ashay Chitnis <chitnis.ashay at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to know if we can restrict some users to access POP and allow some
> users to access POP. I do not want to have firewall based restriction.  I am
> using cyrus-imapd-2.3.7-4. The same users should be allowed through Webmail
> without any issue. The users are LDAP users.  Can anyone help me on this?

If you are using saslauthd you could customize the "ldap_filter" in
saslauthd.conf
to take care of the service name.

adding something like

|(!(allowed_service=*))(allowed_service=%s))

Here i suppose %s is the service name  (like %u is the username) and you have
an ldap attribute allowed_service containing the allowed service per
user, or empty for no restriction.

Regards.

> regards,
> Ashay