Slow lmtpd

Andre Nathan andre at digirati.com.br
Fri Mar 2 13:02:44 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 09:21 -0300, Andre Nathan wrote:
> Is there a cyrus version where specifying "duplicatesuppression: 0"
> actually prevents the duplicate check and thus the database locking
> issues I could upgrade to a newer version too, no problem.

I did that, and the lock contention problem with deliver.db is gone. I'm
still seeing the problem in some users' cyrus.header files though.
Searching the archives, I found some threads regarding this issue [1,2],
or more recently in [3]. From the discussion on these threads it seems
that the lock problem actually is happening with the quota files. The
first two threads are old (from 2003), and they mention a bug filed in
bugzilla which is marked as fixed, but the situation I'm seeing, and the
one on the third thread (from 2006) seems to be the same problem.

Has anyone ever been through that? I have no idea what could be causing
the lock contention only for some users, so I'm not sure of any
workaround for the problem :/

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Andre