How to keep flags after move mailboxes to another server

Amy Jin ajin at
Thu Jun 7 17:34:53 EDT 2007

Hi There,

I'm running cyrus 2.2.12 on several servers . Recently, I need to move
mailboxes from one server
to another server because of storage shortage.

I don't have a front-end Cyrus Aggregator, so I can't use cyradm command
"xfermailbox" to do it.

I write a script to create mailbox and copy mail date to target server.
To avoid duplicated mailbox_id,
the cyrus.header file will not be copied to the target server.
After reconstruct the new mailbox. I loss all of the flags. The seen
flag is easy to handle, just replace the old
mailbox_id with the new id in  user.seen file. But how can I keep the
other flags (e.g. important, work, personal, to do, later),
it seems they are in the cyrus.index file?

Amy Jin, Systems Analyst
System Services, University of Calgary Information Technologies
2500 University Drive, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 1N4
Phone (403) 220-8997, Fax (403) 282-9361