one user folder appears under all accounts

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 15:41:53 EDT 2007

Ah ha!  Found another reference to the System I/O error
on running sam which was a big hint.  File system
didn't jive with mailbox definition.  I found where the
mailbox was on the file system (under another account?)
I've made the usr/760401c directory where user/ is, and then
sam worked, and I could delete the mailbox.

Problem solved.